Tuesday 4 October 2016

Complete Sell Out

I found a wonderful piece written by an unknown African Pastor. It is just the epitome of an experience that we all need; a radical kind of commitment. 

"I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I’m a disciple of Christ. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I’m finished with low living, sight walking, and small planning; and I’m done with smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, foolish talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognise, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labour by power.
My face is set, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, and my way is rough. My companions are few, but my guide is reliable and my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won’t give up, shut up or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, and preached up for the cause of Christ. I’m a disciple of Jesus. I must go till he comes, give till I drop, share all I know, and work till He stops me.
And when he comes for his own, He will have no trouble recognising me-for my banner will be clear. Amen."
A call for self-introspection, I must make haste to mention.







No comments:

Post a Comment

We did it Joe!

  December 31, 2020. I was dragging my feet, trying to force a smile. The year had shown me flames but perhaps the weeks leading up to the...