Monday 15 August 2016

He Was There All The Time

"What about the time that He cried 'My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?' Wasn't it because you had abandoned Him, just like you have abandoned me!" He angrily shouted at the person he thought was God.

"Regardless what He felt at that moment, I never left Him," God responded, in a somewhat soft but broken manner.

"When all you see is your pain, perhaps then you think I have left you," He continued. "But, I never did, never have, never will."

That is perhaps the hardest thing to grapple with, to believe that God is there when all you can see is your pain, when gross darkness surrounds you.

It is in these moments that the little, still voice of faith should grasp the promise 'Lo, I am ALWAYS with you, even unto the end of the world.'

He was there all the time... He is there all the time.

(Some parts of this publication were obtained from The Shack, by W.M Young)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We did it Joe!

  December 31, 2020. I was dragging my feet, trying to force a smile. The year had shown me flames but perhaps the weeks leading up to the...