Monday 18 June 2018

Are You Done? (Sequel to 'Answer Her Lord')


Are you done?
Do you still need to speak further?
I’m really not so glad that this is how we get to meet. I have been longing to have a conversation with you and when I thought I finally had the chance, that I finally had your attention…. You spoke. As usual, you didn’t hear me out. You want me to answer you but you never cease speaking. Perhaps therein lies the problem. Would you please try to listen?
I know you are hurt. I have done certain things or allowed certain things to happen to you under the proverbial “God knows best!” I know that is perhaps the last thing you want to hear and quite honestly, I don’t blame you. I mean, I am God, you are man, my precious little girl who doesn’t see me living up to my role any more.
But here is the thing: when it hurts you so bad that you feel enveloped in gross darkness, that you feel I’m not there anymore, I am there with you. Hurting with you.
Why don’t I put a stop to it, because I’m God right? Well guess what, I love you too much to let you be “the spoiled brat!” so because I love you, I let you go and grow through this because I trust and know that you will pull through.
I may have seemingly failed you a number of times but one thing I just ask of you is to trust me. It may not make sense and it may be way easier to throw in the towel and give up on me but trust me child.
So I ask you to trust me. Through the storm and through the pain, just trust me.
You remember when I said all things are working for your good? I meant it.
I don’t want to bore you with theories and stories but I ask is that you trust me. Just one more time!

1 comment:

  1. The cake needed some icing and you have just added that to it. Reading the first part of 'answer her Lord' felt like reading the book of Job with the last 5 Chapters removed. ' Are you done?' has turned a hopeless lamentation into a prayer. It has consummated it.

    ReplyDelete

We did it Joe!

  December 31, 2020. I was dragging my feet, trying to force a smile. The year had shown me flames but perhaps the weeks leading up to the...