Monday 18 June 2018

My Beloved


Hey sweetheart, you are beautiful.
I know we are yet to meet but something within me tells me that you are awesome, wonderful and everything I ever wanted.
For countless years, I walked around with a list; a list of who and what you should be. When I shared with some, I was advised that it is not possible for one such as yourself to exist but I reminded myself that if I can dream it, God can create it.
So I kept dreaming of how we would meet, and yes I kept planning our wedding and how we would live after we were married. I imagined myself striving so hard to be the perfect wife, while you strive so hard to be the perfect husband. And because our efforts are other-centered, we both get our cups filled.
I imagined the things that would make you angry and make you want to stop talking to me, I imagined us resolving that difficulty and learning how to treat each other better next time.
We would be in love, and our love would conquer all. We would be best friends, that you tell me everything and that I do the same. We would watch your favorite sport, as much as you would try to read my favorite books or give input on my blog.
We would travel together, play music loud and dance when we can. We would mess up on the lyrics, maybe even argue as to who has the better voice but it would be a pleasure to be in each other’s company because we would be best friends.
We would help each other’s weaknesses and enforce our strengths.
We would bear each other’s burdens, be a shoulder to lean on, share our joys and our sorrows. We would run this race of life together and promise not to give up on each other.
And then when the time is right, I would mother your children. They would probably have my dimples and my eyes but be as strong as you are. They would be beautiful reflections of our love. We would nurture them together and help them grow to their full stature, holistically.
I also imagine the worst. You’ll be tempted to hurt me, as much as I would be tempted to do the same but the promises we will make to each other and to God will draw us back to each other.
We would be an example of a beautiful home.
These are the plans that run through my mind as I notice your absence in my life yet. But I know, when I look at the moon that such thoughts are running through your head too.
It is only a matter of time before our paths cross, and we write our beautiful history.
I love you before I meet you!

4 comments:

  1. Wooh, its 🌶️🌶️🔥🔥🌡️ in here. Someone turn the AC up a little..hehe

    I like the fact that you mentioned this:

    "I also imagine the worst. You’ll be tempted to hurt me, as much as I would be tempted to do the same but the promises we will make to each other and to God will draw us back to each other."

    Usually, the temptation to hurt each other even increases North-North magnetic effect of love.

    Got some imaginative mind buddy I give you that. You should cut a piece and share because some of our minds are rocky..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My number one fan and cheerleader!!!!! Thank you 😊

      Delete
  2. May God grant you such a one.

    ReplyDelete

We did it Joe!

  December 31, 2020. I was dragging my feet, trying to force a smile. The year had shown me flames but perhaps the weeks leading up to the...