Wednesday 5 September 2018

Love Makes It Easy


“I need to see you,” he squeaked. This is the third time he is making this request and it seems like it will be ignored as with all others but forlorn hope still pushes him to try and try again.
She thinks of ignoring him again but the humanity in her beckons on her to at least be kind. So, she gains the courage to respond and a rendezvous is set. She wasn’t looking forward to it.
And so the days wore on and the dreaded date came. It was the same story: how he loved her and was the best man for her (speak for yourself dude). She just sat there and stared at him, with a blank expression. Everything about this situation was a drag. Oh how she wished she was home!
Attention from the wrong person is torture!
But then she met another, whose presence made her cells dance. Suddenly, she looked forward to dates, movie nights and lakeside strolls. She hang close to her phone because she didn’t want to miss anything from him. What before seemed like hell was now making her little heart dance. And she loved every moment of it.
And because she loved every minute of it, she gave effortlessly.
And so he wondered: she said she never liked movies, or at least that’s what she told him. Never mind strolls by the lake. How come her feed was replete with the same things she claimed she hated? What was it about this guy that made her love stuff that she apparently didn’t love, or was it a mere ploy to shun away from spending time with him?
So he asked her and boy she answered:
“See, you are a nice guy (enter friend zone). You are loving and all that. But, I wish you would stop. Stop stalking me, stop following me around and trying so hard to get my attention. It is so clear that nothing good can come out of this. Think about me too; I’m the one for you, are you the one for me?”
“I have found him who males my cells dance. Please don’t ruin it. If you love me as you say, then probably seeing me happy will carry the day.”
“You said you didn’t like mushrooms on your pizza!”
“Did I? Well, maybe I didn’t. But now I do. The thing about this is that it feels so effortless. I don’t have to drag my feet or dread our evening dates. Yes, I’m now more open to things I thought I didn’t like. I’m sorry to say this, but maybe it wasn’t the pizza I disliked.”
She made a point.
He walked home and fought so hard to forget her. He hoped that his heart will finally settle for someone who would easily do random things for him simply because love makes things so easy!
Nothing is ever too hard if the heart is in it. Maybe it is high time you and I learned that love makes it super easy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting piece wow. Continue with the article it doesn't seem to be the end

    ReplyDelete

We did it Joe!

  December 31, 2020. I was dragging my feet, trying to force a smile. The year had shown me flames but perhaps the weeks leading up to the...