Monday 24 September 2018

Sad Violinist


He played sad songs… filled many an audience’s eye with tears.
Someone was bold enough to ask him the story behind the songs, yet another simply said:
“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine.”
Somehow that is all they could say and I don’t blame them.
I mean how do you talk about life in the valleys if you have spent your whole life in the mountains? How do I expect you to understand what it means to dance in the rain when you live in a desert region?
So sometimes what I need is empathy, not the surface pity little sorry’s but the hard stuff. To know that you feel what I’m feeling, that you have been down my road and that you completely understand my tears, and my heart ache.
So tell me… have you walked in my shoes? Have you seen torture, pain and brutality?
Have you had the privilege of hearing angry words? What about being caught in the middle of a wrangle?
What about worrying where someone is and wondering why they just won’t pick up your call and end your emotional torture?
Have you ever had to wonder why someone would consistently break your heart with no remorse?
Have you refused yourself sleep even when your eyelids are begging for mercy just because one close to you was unwell?
Have you been afraid of the night because bad things seemingly happen then?
Have you been afraid to sleep because you don’t want nightmares?
Have you cried for all this to end?
Have you ever pled with God to take you away because you couldn’t handle the pain?
Have you wondered why you were born? Have you ever hit rock bottom? Does it really hurt? Does it hurt you so bad that you couldn’t handle it anymore and just wanted to die?
Have you ever felt so helpless in the face of turmoil? That instead of helping, you just chose to cry because tears freely and effortlessly flow?
That is the journey of a sad violinist.
Do you still ask why he plays sad songs? Seek first to understand his struggle and maybe it’ll answer your questions….
D flat, minor… and the rhythm continues
[Enter sad song]


2 comments:

We did it Joe!

  December 31, 2020. I was dragging my feet, trying to force a smile. The year had shown me flames but perhaps the weeks leading up to the...